Scalable Virtualization and Storage
Azure Stack HCI - For your IT Agility and Maximum Efficiency
Azure Stack HCI offers the best performing HCI solution on the market, with Pay-Per-Use CSP licensing for 20H2 version.
Hyperconverged solution for:
Remote Branch Office
High Performance Workloads
Truly 2-node HCI design for ROBO
While cloud hosting is popular, many businesses continue to invest in local infrastructures and on-premises hosting. Local hosting is sometimes seen as the best choice for certain workloads, due to factors such as security, compliance, or practicality. For these, businesses have been turning to hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) to reduce costs, to raise performance, and to improve availability, at the same time, supplementing the infrastructure with cloud services to make them even better. If you are interest, we also did a live sharing on FAQ: Azure HCI-as-a-Service
Embracing HCI does not need to exclude cloud integration. Hybrid cloud is a journey we like to help you for your specific hosting needs, that provides a simple, optional on-ramp to cloud services, all with excellent performance at an affordable price!
Do You Want To:
- Modernize and secure your datacenter
- Modernize branch offices with high affordably
- Have industry-best performance for SQL Server databases
- Have virtual desktop infrastructure with edge-local access
But You Are Struck Down Because Of:
High CAPEX with depreciation concerns
Inflexibility and inability to scale out
Locked down on specific technology or vendor
Why AzS HCI?
- Azure hybrid by design
- Native integration with Azure Arc and Azure monitor
- Connect to hybrid services like Azure security Center, Azure Backup, and Azure Site Recovery
- Monitor and manage clusters at scale from Azure
- Centrally manage from Azure Portal
- Fleet management for hosts and VMs
- Always up to date HCI-as-a-service
- Regular and consistent feature and security updates
- Unified Azure billing
- Leverage existing Azure support plan
- Industry leading price-performance
- Millions of IOPs and batch requests with Storage Spaces Direct
- Optimized for SQL server workloads
- Per core monthly subscription to scale up or down
- Secure virtualization platform for Windows and Linux
- Unlimited hosting of Linux VMs
- Choice of licenses available for Windows VMs
- Includes Extended Security Updates (ESU) for Windows Server 2008/R2
- Built-in HA/DR
- New simple Deployment GUI for clusters available through Windows Admin Center
- Stretch cluster: extend HCI cluster from a single site to two sites
- Protect VMs with cloud backup
- Leverage existing skills
- Built on foundation of Windows Server and Hyper-V
- Familiar tools like Windows Server Admin Center and Azure Portal
- Support for Active Directory, Group Policy Object
- Work with popular tools
- Work with familiar Microsoft tools such as System Center and Windows Admin Center
- Compatible with popular third-party tools such as Veeam, CommVault, Solarwinds etc.
- Benefit from automation
- Management tasks are completely scriptable using popular, cross-platform Windows PowerShell framework
- Choice of Validated Nodes or Integrated Systems
- Validated Nodes based on standardized reference architecture
- Available Integrated Systems for fastest time-to-value: pre-installed software and integrated drivers and firmware
- Extensive choices of OEM vendors
- Choose your preferred vendor for local support and delivery
- Flexible sizing available from small to rack class options
- Use existing hardware
- Reuse your existing hardware that matches Validated Node requirements
- Millions of storage IOPS and database transactions possible
- Leveraging the kernel embedded architecture to ensure great performance for demanding SQL Server based applications
- Benefit from very low latency
- Azure Stack HCI supports NVMe, RDMA and persistent memory
- Accelerate Azure Data Services and Big Data clusters at the edge
- Get Extended Security Updates for free in Azure
- Great option for End of Support for SQL and Windows Server 2008
- Move SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2 deployments to Azure SQL Database Managed Instance with no application code change and near-zero downtime
- Save up to 55 percent on SQL and Windows Server running cost with existing licenses and Azure Hybrid Benefit
- Quick to start hosting Linux and Windows containers in your datacenter
- Manage containerized applications with automation with AKS
- Simplified Kubernetes setup on Azure Stack HCI with AKS
- Manage and monitor Kubernetes with Azure Arc or on-premise tools
- Secure your container infrastructure
- Hypervisor-based isolation for worker nodes
- Linux and Windows images for worker nodes (Maintained by Microsoft)
- Scalability, Flexibility and Agility In One
- PAY for what you need. BURSTABLE to external providers (such as public cloud)
- Ready Resources Are Available (NO MORE downtime due to long procurement cycle; NO MORE complaints of slow performance and slow provisioning
- TechFINITY enables businesses to start small and expand anytime with same contract end date. You can add dedicated backup too.
- More on benefits of TechFINITY: Aligning To Your Business Growth
Azure Stack HCI was first launched and built on Windows Server 2019 Datacenter. The latest version, which is Azure Stack HCI version 20H2, comes with fantastic features. Check it out here!
Why Hybrid Cloud?
|EXTEND ON-PREMISES INTO AZURE||CENTRALLY MANAGE FROM AZURE|
|– Offsite backup and disaster recovery
– Extend on-premises capacity
|– Centralized update management
– Cloud-based monitoring
– Security and advanced threat protection
– Centralized governance across environment
Azure Stack HCI Use Cases:
Azure Stack HCI for Branch Office and Edge
Who: Branch offices, retail stores, field sites, and other edge sites.
Why: High availability and resilient storage for familiar business-critical applications and new edge workloads, built on containers and Azure IoT Edge. Azure Stack HCI can offer fault tolerance and resilience in a highly cost-effective way.
- Affordable HCI for small deployments
- Truly 2-node HCI design
- High availability and resiliency at the edge
- Using Azure Stack HCI with Azure IoT Edge to deploy containerized applications
Azure Stack HCI for High-Performance Microsoft SQL Server
Why: Azure Stack HCI offers a high-performing, scalable, and manageable implementation for Microsoft SQL Server. Running SQL Server in an Azure Stack HCI cluster allows you to run SQL Server and its associated applications with added resiliency of virtualization. Azure Stack HCI also offers the benefit of a single vendor, allows code optimization for performance, and a single party to resolve issues.
- Azure Backup enhances the high-performance SQL Server
- Resource planning for the high-performance SQL Server
Azure Stack HCI for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
Why: A significant advantage of VDI is security; it delivers client desktops without allowing users to store data locally or upload any data from those local devices. Azure Stack HCI provides a reliable platform for VDI to scale resources easily and predictably.
- Azure services support the VDI
- Resource planning for the VDI
Azure Stack HCI for Trusted Enterprise Virtualization
Why: Azure Stack HCI provides a highly secure infrastructure for workloads through virtualization-based security (VBS). To ensure the highest level of workloads security, all validated Azure Stack HCI solutions are ensured to meet VBS requirements.
- Azure Security Center enhances the trusted enterprise virtualization
- Resource planning for the trusted enterprise virtualization
Azure Stack HCI for Scale-Out Storage
Why: Azure Stack HCI meets the requirements for file serving with high scalability, performance, and availability. It offers industry-leading storage performance on validated hardware that can be optimized for density, speed, or performance-to-cost ratio – all with a small hardware commitment.
- Azure File Sync supports the scale-out storage
- Resource planning for the scale-out storage
Azure Stack HCI for Artificial Intelligence (AI) – Azure Percept
Why: Built AI engine on top of Azure Stack HCI. Deploy accelerated AI cloud workloads and your own business logic, as well as other Azure services.
- Accelerate Artificial Intelligence and machine learning
- Build and manage edge AI solutions seamlessly
- Edge AI solutions with modern security
Are you excited to utilize the best performing HCI solution to suit your needs, amplified by hybrid services? Get in touch with our Cloud Professionals to get started!